Friday 14 September 2012

Views & Interviews II

As per my promise I am writing my worst interview but I request my readers to simply read it and forget it. I felt so embarrassed after the incident that I kept it as a secret for many. Although few of my friends know about the incident, I am writing it in the post. But I again request all of you to please forget it as soon as you finish reading it.
 

The worst interview that I have faced was in the ragging. I feel very upset to say that this ragging happened with me, neither in my first semester nor in my second semester but in my third semester's ending. To add fuel to it I give you one more fact that I was not ragged by any group of senior boys but by a gang of senior girls. I was crossing the roadside stalls near my college and I was all alone. I was going for a game of badminton near the faculty quarters. I was having my racket with me. Suddenly I heard a female voice calling from behind, "Hey you, badminton player, come here". It was not a request but an order. Thus I took no time to recognize that I was called by some seniors. But I was shocked to hear a female voice. Anyways I had no other choice than to turn back and check out who was calling. From one of those food stands there was a gang of seven to nine girls sitting and the tallest one had called me. I recognized her as she spoke up again "Can't you hear, we are calling you here, come fast". I walked to the stall but it was unusual to see such a huge gang of girls sitting in these food stalls, this time of the day. It was evening, the time when these girls eat up their so-called boyfriend's brain in the name of dating. I went there and stood in front of them and wished each one. Five were sitting on a bench while three were standing nearby. After which the first thing they always wanted to know was INTRO i.e. introduction. It is just not a simple intro but had to tell everything from birth to the present status.
"Black track-pants, white shoes, white t-shirt, Yonex racket... What's the plan boss?" the one who called me spoke.

"I am going for badminton", I replied with utmost politeness.

"That I can see but are these dress necessary for the game?" another question was thrown by her. She was only interrogating me while the rest were busy scanning me from top to bottom. I don't know what their plan was.

"No, but I feel comfortable with them", I tried to say an unbiased answer.

"But I don't feel comfortable", surprisingly another girl from the gang interrupted.

"May be but I feel so", with due respect I gave my answer.

"I think he is just covering the story; he is all set to impress the girls. By the way that badminton court in which he plays is just beside the junior girls’ hostel. Look the way he is dressed, everything is shining. I hardly find a speck of dirt in his shoe. I don't think he can play at all", the first girl gave her synopses to the second one.

Yes she was right; the court was at the distance of stone throw from the girl's hostel. It was also true that some of those girls were our all time audience as they peeped from their windows after putting off their room's lights. But I was sad that she said I can't play well. By the way the shoes were brand new.

"No ma’am, I don't have such intentions and these shoes are new", I tried my best.

"So you are flaunting your new shoes", the second one told.

"No ma’am, not like that. I always wear shoes. In fact I never wear slippers or floaters in any game", I was saving myself.
"Why then you don't want to impress girls?", now this was a bouncer. No it was a beamer. A girl was asking me that. It was becoming tough for me.

"NO ahh NO I mean why not. Yes I want", I was off my track.

"But you said you don't and that too just few seconds ago", a third girl told whom I had considered to vocally challenged.

"Yes I told that but I am not in the mood of impressing any girl right now. It's a play time and nothing else", I tried hard to convince them but failed. Another beamer was thrown. No baller can throw more than two beamers in the game of cricket. I wanted to protest but this was not cricket, “So you are a player?"
English is a very bad language; this "player" was a googly now.

"I am a sportsperson that's it", I was brilliant.
"OK then what all are the sports that you play except badminton", the first one told.
"Volleyball, Table-tennis, Football and a bit of cricket", I was obedient. My answer came within microseconds after her question.

"Hmm you play a lot that means. By the way that means you must be having a girlfriend already that's why you seemed to be so relaxed and busy in games", the second girl spoke but I didn't know what she wanted to say but it was a Yorker right on my weak nerve.
"No ma’am I don't have a girlfriend", I defended.
"Why? You had two-three but now there are none, I hope", surprisingly another girl came into this discussion. I thought that she must be sorry about my current situation, but who knew that she had some other plan.

"No ma’am, I am not so lucky", I was being a gentleman in front of them.
"Why you didn't have any?” the fourth girl asked.
"I never approached anyone", it was true.
"You said that you are from Durgapur; that means there must a girl but you are not telling us", the first girl spoke after a long gap. I was surprised by her comment that how Durgapur is related to girlfriend and if it is true then how I became an exception.

"No ma’am, it’s true; neither I approached any nor any girl approached me and there is no such thing in my life", I was true again.
"Ok let us consider that you are right, then tell me why you didn't approach", a new entry in the asking team.
"Ma’am, I never felt like doing so", I replied to the fifth girl.
"Just let it go then. Now say among all the girls present here, whom you will approach", the first girl interrupted.
WTF. A girl was asking this question. I was in cloud 9.
"None", a straight answer and it looked like a slap on their faces because all their smiles vanished in a moment.

"Why?" the second girl questioned.
"Because you all are my seniors", I was so good with the answer that all the smiles appeared back on their faces.
"Consider we are you batch mate then whom you think to be most beautiful?" the fifth girl asked. WHAT A QUESTION.
I acted over-smart in front of them and answer the question in this way, "Beauty lies in the eye of beholder.
 Thus for me you all are beautiful".

I was done and I had spoiled all my good impression. I showed my other side that I was a big flirt-cum-jerk.
"Look I told you he is not at all innocent", the first girl made her point clear while the rest giggled and I was confused.
"No you won't have such option, you have to choose one", the second girl said after suppressing her laugh.
"Then I choose you ma'am", I choose the second girl because she was kind to me as compared to others and moreover she was really cute.
"What’s the problem with others?" the fifth girl fired.

"Nothing, just because you all asked to choose one so I choose her", I wanted to say the truth but was unable to do so.
"That implies that you rated her at top", the first girl put forward her view.
"Yes you can say", I cleared my point but I watched the second girl who was topping my list, from my eye's corner. She seemed to be smiling too much as if she wants to convey the message to all that she is number one.

"How do you rate? Any criteria?" the second girl asked an unexpected question.
"Smile and Behavior counts", I answered immediately to avoid further questioning.
Then suddenly a guy came in the scene. He was one of the badminton players in that court. He seemed to me as if he was their friend because he came and occupied a seat beside them after giving me a big smile. He was a senior whom we called Dev. I never knew his original name.

"What happened, Bhanu? Seems like you have been caught in a trap", he asked me and yes his every word was right.
"Bhanu has rated your girlfriend at number one amongst us", the first girl gave the explanation about the trap. There was no trap till now but the net was thrown on me after the statement. He was a kind of boy who had a real mad gang behind him and one punch from him can shatter my skeletal system. This is a very tense situation for you to react when a junior rates your girlfriend as number one in his list. So he was tensed and I WAS DEAD.

"I didn't know that she is your girlfriend", my frightened and uneasy mind provoked me to plea with these words.
"Hey what's the problem buddy? It’s OK. I know you. Relax", I felt same like a lost boy returns home.
"So, you said you will approach her. So now approach her", the first one said. She looked strange and it seemed like I had taken few billion dollar from her and refusing to return.
"I can't", I still feared the lad there.

"It's an order. You have to. Now let me make your situation a bit easy. PROPOSE HER...", she said. I was confused that on which parameter she made my path easy. She was vomiting fire with each words.
"Ma’am, Please I can’t”, I pleaded as I can’t at least chance to walk on a path to hospital bed.
"You have to, a senior has asked you, but be ready for after effect", Dev said me.
He was actually threatening me or was saving me, it was unknown but he was smiling as he said the statement. Well I thought if he is saying in such a way, then he will save me so I said, "Ma’am! Will you accept me as your next boyfriend?”

Yes it was very indeed and the girl too started laughing but the after-effect is worth to be forgotten.
THHHAASSS!! A slap right on the left side of my face but the first girl offered that saying, "How dare you say that?"
Well she was the one who asked me to do so but indeed she awarded me with this slap. God knows why but the one of her fingers did strike my eye. I covered my eye immediately to reduce further damage from the upcoming slaps but no more came.

Dev took me out of the stand and he explained, "Dude, just relax. That girl wanted to slap you but she needed a reason. So just forget it". I asked, "Why? Have I done anything wrong to her?"
"No. It’s just that she never liked your attitude. She says that you are a kind of over smart. Well leave that and let’s go for the game. Be confident I won’t tell this to anyone", he consoled me and we moved towards the court.

May be she can't tolerate me around. One thing which I came to know after that is: when a senior wants to sue you, then he or she can do it anyway. No way out. By the way the word "ATTITUDE" is still a mystery for me as I never understood the criteria and clauses that defined this word.

4 comments:

  1. I was eagerly waiting for this story...... ladki ke haathon se thappad ( -:)-:)-:) ) wo bhi bhanu ko...... lekin shayad ye story kai logon ki hogi (thappad sayad na ho us mein). maine apne fresher mein 3 ko propase kiya tha.... lekin amit ka story propse karne ka sabse darrawana tha kyunki usse colg mein class khatam hone pe hi propose karne bola gya tha aur us senior ka bf sweet 16 ka member tha.... toh soch hi sakte ho kya hua hoga

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bhai.... kabhi detail me baat karenge, the legendary sweet 16... yes I can get that... yes that's true it's a common story for all.... but leave your case dude, you are something else... proposed 3 seniors, was linked with 5 to 6 year mates and nearly 100 girls are still having crush on you... AAP DUDE HO....

      Delete
  2. bhaiya mere fresher me 3 moti senior ek bench pe baithi thi.fir usi bench pe muskil se thora sa space bnaya aur hmko boli baithne k liye.hm thora sa sarmaye soche ki hum bath jayenge to ye log ka kya hoga.lekin wo mani nhi aur hmko baithna para bas jaise hi hum baithe side wali do moti gir gyi bench k niche.aur fir shram k mare wo log kisi ko kuch nhi boli aur hum mauka ka fayda utha k nikal liye chupke se.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bhaiya, she slapped you but she was lucky to have a touch of one of the most popular boy. Apart from all, it is a nice tale, well composed with interesting words. The most interesting was that beamer and bouncer.

    ReplyDelete